Scrumy Terms of Service
Display in plain black and white
By using Scrumy (“Service”) you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
Scrumy ("We") reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at scrumy.com/terms
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account. While we prohibit such conduct and Content on the Service, you understand and agree that we cannot be responsible for the Content posted on the Service and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
- You must be 13 years or older to use this Service.
- You must provide a valid email address in order to complete the signup process.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all Content posted and activity that occurs under your account.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- A valid credit card is required for paying accounts.
The Service is billed in advance on a monthly or yearly basis.
In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
- The Service billed on a monthly basis is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account.
- The Service billed on a yearly basis is subject to a partial refund. Should the service be cancelled or downgraded before the end of the billed year, a refund will be issued for the unused amount. The unused amount will be calculated as the number of months since the service was last billed multiplied by the monthly price of the Service at the time of downgrade/cancellation subtracted from the total amount previously billed.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only United States (federal or state) taxes.
- Downgrading your Service may cause the loss of Content, features, or capacity of your Account. We do not accept any liability for such loss.
- Failure to pay for an account will cause the account to be locked. You will be given the option of paying for the account, downgrading the account, or cancelling the account. Under no circumstances will we downgrade a paid account and allow access to other parties without the consent of an authorized member of the account. Authorized members of the account include anyone who has a password to the account.
Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. An email or phone request to cancel your account is not considered cancellation. You can cancel your account at any time by clicking on the Settings link in the global navigation bar at the top of the screen. The Settings screen provides a simple no questions asked section to change the billing plan with an option to cancel the Service.
- All of your Content will be immediately deleted from the Service upon cancellation. This information can not be recovered once your account is cancelled.
- If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again.
- We, in our sole discretion, have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. We reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees to the Service, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Service.
- We shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Service. Your materials uploaded remain yours. However, if you choose to set your pages to be shared publicly, you agree to allow others to view and share your Content.
- We do not pre-screen Content, but we have the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service.
- The look and feel of the Service is copyright ©2010 Scrumy. You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the HTML/CSS or visual design elements without express written permission from Scrumy.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- Technical support is only provided to paying account holders and is only available via email.
- We may, at any time, delete any project on the free version of Scrumy which has been inactive for over four weeks and is deemed to consist of only "test data"
- You understand that Scrumy uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by Scrumy.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Scrumy customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- If your bandwidth usage exceeds 300 MB/month, or significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by Scrumy) of other Scrumy customers, we reserve the right to immediately disable your account or throttle your file hosting until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
- Scrumy does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that we shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
- The failure of Scrumy to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Scrumy and govern your use of the Service, superceding any prior agreements between you and Scrumy (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to support at scrumy dot com.